When I talk about having lived in FL to people from FL (except the ones that were from the AREAS I was from, of course), they chuckle and tell me I lived between AL & GE up there in the Panhandle... (Panama City, Tyndall AFB, Mary Esther, Ft Walton Bch, St Andrews, Callaway, Pt St Joe, Grand Ridge, Marianna...) REAL FLoridians come from the BOOT of the state. WHATEVER. ;p My addresses said FLA (before they shortened it to FL. LOL!) So that's my story and I'm sticking to it! (The government's, too!) ;p
Sorry, my lists are in no particular order... *sigh*
I'm too disorganized for that!
10 Things I Miss About FL:
- Lightning that cracks across the sky and splits off in every direction
- It can rain like cats & dogs in your front yard and shine the sun down in your back yard... at the SAME TIME!
- WHITE sandy beaches where the view of the sand dunes reminded me of snow.
- If you went to the right beaches (favorites as an adult were Navarre & Destin, Panama was getting too crowded!) the water was clear emerald and the white caps of the waves as they crashed down accentuated the brilliance of the color.
- Palm Trees and tropical plants. EVERYWHERE you look there's GREEN & LUSH foliage!
- Wild Blackberries in the fields nearby!
- No State TAX
- Airbrush artists EVERYWHERE (Do they still DO that or was that a 70s-80s thing??)
- Dinner Cruises (Captain Anderson II sailed the sound for a 3 hr dinner cruise - Yeah... I worked for them, too! Reservations and waitressing)
- Blackwater River Canoe trips! This was MY YOUTH CONFERENCE experience! ;D
10 Things I Don't:
- Water bugs... (AKA GIANT Cockraoaches) OK, ALL the BUGS! LOL!
- Crab Grass with stickers
- Pine Trees
- Humidity: Walk outside for 3 minutes and you're dripping sweat... Don't bother fancy hair dos and makeup!! PONYTAIL & SUNGLASSES, BABY!! ;p
- Blistering Sunburns
- Flea Infestations
- swamps (& critters that homestead in and near them!)
- sump pumps (that you have to have in order to have plumbing because the water table is too high...)
- Jelly Fish and Seaweed