This is not anything new,
but there are still too many that are not AWARE of this.
We just received information that this is a problem
NOW in OUR schools/neighborhood TODAY!
Please educate yourself and your family!
Share the info and let's save some lives!
I will review this with my boys NOW!
What IS the "Choking Game"?
It’s not a game at all—just an act of suffocating on purpose.
Adolescents cut off the flow of blood to the brain, in exchange for a few seconds of feeling lightheaded. Some strangle themselves with a belt, a rope or their bare hands; others push on their chest or hyperventilate.
When they release the pressure, blood that was blocked up floods the brain all at once. This sets off a warm and fuzzy feeling, which is just the brain dying, thousands of cells at a time.
What can I Do to STOP this?
Talk to the children in your life, as well as parents and everyone you know who works with children. Make sure they understand why the Choking Game is so dangerous: even if they survive, they’re permanently killing thousands of brain cells, and other children may be indicted and prosecuted for their involvement in a death or injury.
What are the WARNING SIGNS?
- Any suspicious mark on the side of the neck, sometimes hidden by a turtleneck, scarf or permanently turned-up collar.
- Changes in personality, such as overtly aggressive or agitated.
- Any kind of strap, rope or belt lying around near the child for no clear reason—and attempts to elude questions about such objects.
- Headaches (sometimes excruciatingly bad ones), loss of concentration, flushed face.
- Bloodshot eyes or any other noticeable signs of eye stress.
- A thud in the bedroom or against a wall—meaning a fall in cases of solitary practice.
- Any questions about the effects, sensations or dangers of strangulation.
where you can also find:
Please check out more important awareness topics at the links in the list and add your own!